View Single Post
Unread 03/13/2008, 07:58 AM   #11
1628mna
Registered Member

linina i also have a 90 gallon aga tank w/ overflow. i have a 29 gallon sump/fuge. i went with the barb fittings and hooked hose to them, from there i hard piped it . the return pump i have is a mag 9.5. dont let anyone tell you that that is to big of a pump for you setup. when picking a pump always go a little bigger than you need,why you ask
1. although im strictly against it you can throttle down the pump you pick with a gate valve/ball valve.
2. also you can tee off of your return to run stuff like a phosban reactor, i have two running off of mine and they work perfect.
3. when you go to upgrading( and you will, everbody gets that bug) you can have a pump to fit your next setup without the expense of one later.
i will be taging along on this one, hopefully i helped out in your process. also going with the barbs no unions either cut the hose to get off or pull, hose is much cheaper than unions. on the return pump if you put a hose coming off the pump it will not send vibration from the pump to the tank and also the pump is a little easier to work with as far as flexability. good luck!!!!!!!!!

1628mna is offline   Reply With Quote