View Single Post
Unread 09/07/2019, 10:47 AM   #16
HumbleFish
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThRoewer View Post
Yeah, at stores I generally avoid buying any fish that looks sick. Often I don't even buy healthy looking fish out of a system where other fish show signs of infections.
I rather try to avoid to have the need to treat new fish. But if you were around here I could point you to a store where it is often easy to find all kinds of interesting fish diseases.
I used to live near a Petco, and that kept me amply supplied with sick fish. I even gave the manager my phone # and would get a text when all the fish were dying. He gave me a 50% discount on those fish, and I really have Petco to thank for advancing my knowledge of fish disease treatments.

Now I live 40 minutes from the nearest Petco, and all they really keep in stock is damsels + clownfish. So, sometimes I can get a clown with Brooklynella to experiment on. Mainly H2O2 experimentation at this point.

The wholesalers I use always send me "clean looking" fish because they use subtherapeutic copper. So, unless I want to randomly gill scrape those fish I have no idea if they are infected with something.

HumbleFish is offline   Reply With Quote