View Single Post
Unread 12/04/2017, 09:45 PM   #11
marco j
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapelo View Post
I spent over a year trying to kill some GSP in my refugium. I am sorry to report that it is still happy and healthy.
I think your plan will work just fine if my experience is any basis.
This is really funny. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPuff View Post
Yes, you can certainly put softies and LPS into your refugium. They will actually help to filter the water as well. Plus, it'll make your refugium more interesting. Please post more pics of your system! Looks pretty cool!
Thanks for the compliment. This is my first adventure into salt water and I’ve just now started to have growth. Sometimes I think my system was too clean to grow anything. These aren’t the best shots and it’s sloppy as can be right now. Take a look and let me know if you have any questions or suggestions on how to improve something. Especially if you see something screwed up. Lol

Edit: Having trouble uploading photos of course. Unfortunately only the crappy ones are uploading. Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdogg View Post
The downside will be the turpines released by the soft corals that might adversely affect the stonies. Run lots of carbon to help with that.
This is the type of information I am interested in. Does this mean my sps will be at the mercy of my softies? If that’s the case, then I might as well get rid of them or put them in the display.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (37.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 1EC5D1C6-0A9D-4BFB-BF86-7FE9F8F4B33E.jpg (23.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg B3AAE440-8526-4482-8B57-F5C0604D4FCE.jpg (50.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg BBD504A2-5168-4BEB-9495-6A2415A4FEF0.jpg (40.7 KB, 24 views)
marco j is offline   Reply With Quote