View Single Post
Unread 01/25/2016, 09:56 PM   #1
jason2459
Registered Member

Post Saltmix Parameters bring on the test results

There was an excellent thread put together quite some time ago now by Billybeau1
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1714505

I've referred to it may times to see if someone is close to the expected values of a particular saltmix. There can of course be slight variations and if any settling has occurred in the mix before use can cause results to be even farther from the normal numbers.

There's threads all the time with people testing their new salt mix but seems like its always when there's possibly a problem with it.

I'd like this to be a thread of new batches of salt mix tested when there aren't any problems. Get a good array of tests done on different brands. Then compare each one against the original synthetic saltmix parameters thread and compile a set of averages for a particular brand and compare.

Just basics like temp, salinity, alkalinity, calcium, and magnesium. Or at subset of those three but I think temp and salinity level should be published with all the posts. Giving what was used for the testing would be nice too.

Something simple like
Brand:
Temp:
Salinity:

Alkalinity:
Calcium:
Magnesium:

My tests done tonight from my New Salt mix brute.

Brand: Instant Ocean (IO) nothing added
Temp: 77.2 (Hanna handheld meter)
Salinity: 53mS pinpoint probe and 35ppt veegee refractometer

Alk:10.4dkh Salifert
Ca: 410 ppm Salifert
Mg: 1320ppm Salifert

You can check out my parameters at reeftronics dot net website and look for my username.

Current Tank Info: 180g mixed reef w/ a beananimal overflow to a dolomite RRUGF. | 20g long G. Smithii Mantis Tank
jason2459 is offline   Reply With Quote