View Single Post
Unread 12/10/2008, 09:22 AM   #90
Dubge
Registered Member

I get my packaging at walmart, I buy 1 inch foam padding and cut it to size and line my box with it, I get the boxes through USPS, they are free and will also ship them for free to you, most common size I use is 6x6x6 and have shipped up to 9 small frags in one box. I use 1 ice pack or 1-2 10 hour heat packs.

You can ship USPS Express for around $25 and it is next day to most areas but make sure you check on that before shipping USPS.
If I am going to ship FedEx or UPS I will turn the box inside out so it doesnt say USPS all over it and tape it back up. Also make sure you tape up all the seems so it will minimize air getting in or out and causing temp fluctuations.

I will always replace frags if they do not survive shipping for what ever reason, I just ask that the buyer send me pictures and pays for the shipping again. Unless it is a coral I can not replace because it is one I am getting rid of and have no more or if it is one I only frag once and a while then they will have to wait until I can frag it again.

I have had problems with everyone I have shipped with at one point or another (FedEx, UPS and USPS) USPS problems were from shipping an item to someone and I didnt notice express was 2 days to that person so it was my fault there.

I refuse to do sat deliveries because 2 or the 3 times I have they had a delay and the person didnt get the coral/fish until Mon/Tue. If they really insist on it then I tell them after it leave my hands Fri night it is all on them if it doesnt make it.

I always ship fish with oxygen in the bag.

This is how I have been shipping for a few years and it has worked out well, I have had corals survive 3 days in shipping to Texas and even had a fish survive that I shipped out on a Fri and got hung up and the person didnt get it until Tue (that one was amazing)

Best way to ship chaeto is in a bag with a little water and priority mail

Fish heads, fish heads, rolly polly fish heads, eat them up yum yum

Current Tank Info: 30 gallon cube - 40 Breeder
Dubge is offline   Reply With Quote