View Single Post
Unread 10/19/2020, 06:49 AM   #6
phishman1
Registered Member

I have another question, I've settled on a filter etc and a couple of other things, substrate type, watched a few youtube videos and that helped a lot with my confusion. I have found lights on Amazon, 36 inch type that "clip" on I guess to the tank. Most are in the range of $40 or less which fits my budget. Knowing that, is there any kind of lighting I should be looking at in case down the road if the tanks goes well I might want to try a coral or two again and obviously light will be factor them. Thinking of a " beam works" strip. Second do I really need a protein skimmer? I've seen many pros and cons. Going to have live sand, probably three pieces of smallish live rock, some cured coral or even the fake coral for decorations, or barring that maybe some dry rock to put in the tank for decorations. Settled right now on a maybe 4 clown fish after the cycle process. Plus maybe a Blennie or wrasse. If I used a damsel or two to aide in cycling do I keep them or discard after, many folks seem to discard as they get aggressive.?

phishman1 is offline   Reply With Quote