View Single Post
Unread 05/21/2020, 10:01 PM   #3
apache2a
Registered Member

Follow up questions.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it.

2 follow up questions. 1. I think regular sand (non coral) is called aragonite sand? As ridiculous as it seems to me, live sand it illegal, but I would be ok with aragonite sand. Can I do the same thing with this type sand and gravel that you were talking about?

2. I thought about making my own live rock (and they sell artificially made live rock as well). From what I've seen it is made of aragonite sand/gravel and cement....honestly I have some reservations about putting cement in my tank. Anyone have experience with home made live rock? Does it function the same basic way as regular live rock?

Thank you very much.

Honestly, most people here just have reef tanks with corals and live rock anyway as the authorities don't really care as long as you aren't selling them (and people regularly buy and sell them to one another personally, just not in stores) but I really don't want to have it hanging over me that I could potentially have problems. I'd rather just do it legally, still have a beautiful tank and have peace of mind.

apache2a is offline   Reply With Quote