View Single Post
Unread 06/13/2011, 10:58 AM   #13
WhiteReef
Registered Member

I don't have a recent full tank shot. The things that did not last more than a year are the most of the sponges, all of the truncate, and all of the barnacles. It has been a long time since I have seen my cucumbers, so I think that they died. The reason for their demise is probably the small amount of sand bed I have and the snails that burrow and clean up the sand. Aside from that my yellow ball sponge found a great place and have been growing. The anemones are thriving along with the three different gorgonians. The reason the sponges and such died is that there is a large demand to keep them well fed and maintain water quality. Since I tried this without a skimmer it made it hard to keep good water quality and feed them too. Looking back I should have had a skimmer to be able to feed the tank better. All in all I still feel like I have a good bio diversity as a result of the original purchase and would definitely purchase again. Next time though I will make sure to have a skimmer over rated for the tank setup and do a better job of removing pests before putting the rock into the tank. Also feeding phyto every day from the start.

WhiteReef is offline   Reply With Quote