View Single Post
Unread 11/19/2008, 01:19 PM   #6
chessmanmark
Registered Member

I treat in the same water using Flatworm Exit and then Interceptor. I use new tank water for a TM PCC dip and then new water from the display again for the rinse. I temp acclimate for about an hour then I put corals in the 5 1/2 gallon tank. Flatworm Exit can stay in the water as well as Interceptor. I never had a problem with either of these. Many hobbyist say they treat with Interceptor for 6 hours, probably because of the strong dosage of Interceptor to water but I like to let them wash overnight for at least 12 hours. Then an additional 1 1/2 for Fluke tabs. A fellow reefer told me 1/2 an hour is sufficient but I originally read an hour and a half so that's what I go by.

These procedures are mostly for acros, for montipora I just use Flatworm Exit and TM PCC.

If they are mounted then I leave them alone. If they need to be mounted I let them sit in the display a couple of days before gluing them.

TM PCC can be harsh so be careful when you dip in this product. Take notes on how you dipped and your success rate.

You can also repeat the entire procedure if you want to be extra cautious, but if you do this carefully you will have better luck keeping your display pest free.

chessmanmark is offline   Reply With Quote