View Single Post
Unread 04/20/2017, 08:50 PM   #128
shred5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreninkl View Post
I can't less agree with you! We hobbyist just use those test which are available at the shops, made for hobbyist. We hobbyist surely have problems measuring, leave alone color blindness, counting drop by drop, not being focused, our test vial wasn't clean and there are many more reasons to come up with. I for my self, I was using Salifert and was rather puzzled about the levels of mag/cal/kh and measured again and again thus, I measured 3 times and had similar values. After all I contacted the shop and they asked me to bring over some sample water and we tested over there with Salifert/Sera for mag/cal and Salifert/API/Sera/Nyos for kh. All the results came up similar, mag/cal couldn't be determined simply because the values were above the test kits highest value and all kh test kits showed values below 6.

Somehow I draw my own foolish conclusion and tried to contact AF but their only statement was "our salt is good, send some water and we test from yinsisted that only their tests are accurate and all others are......
I didnt say there could not be bad batches I just see numbers that could easily be test kit problems. Not everyone uses more than one test kits.. People are just too quick sometimes to point fingers without knowing the truth or digging a little deeper. sometimes it just easier to jump on the band wagon too.. I have had bad salt by corallife and reef crystals a few times and others.. I just think sometimes people need to look at their test kits.