View Single Post
Unread 07/15/2017, 08:22 PM   #6
jubei2006
Registered Member

Not to take anything away or disregard what we are doing to our natural resources with our species overpopulation, but most of the articles from large news sources are gloom and doom with 30, 50, 80% of the reefs dead. Then articles like these with local observation saying well it's not as bad as they say. Which view do we take? I've seen plenty that the pet fish trade has a huge negative impact on the reef ecosystem, yet how does even this compare to countries tearing up the reef for building supplies (concrete in third world countries until recently), reactor pollution (fukishima) as well as agricultural and industrial runoff, and overfishing?Then the article goes on to talk about money spent, but not how it's allocated. I know the reefs can be in trouble with our current state of pollution, but in the grand scheme of things which side is more accurate, and are we seeing a change to more tolerant corals or are we as screwed as the papers say. As soon as I see big money in an article, then things get political for me. Sorry bout the rambling, these things make my mind wander.

jubei2006 is offline   Reply With Quote