View Single Post
Unread 04/04/2009, 08:28 AM   #14
cameronesyaqua
Registered Member

My name is Christy and I live in San Diego, CA. I got bit by the fish bug again in the middle of last year when a local pet store gave my classroom a full freshwater setup (I'm a teacher). I haven't had a saltwater setup since the mid-nineties and really wanted to give it another shot, this time doing my research and getting it as close to right as possible. I spent six months reading, researching, and buying those choice items off of Craig's List and our local club bb whenever possible.

I have a 120 gal. tank, 30 gal. sump, and 35 gal. display refugium that has now been setup and running for 4 weeks. I bought 150 lbs. of live rock straight out of another reefers tank and added 120 lbs. live sand. I was planning on doing FOWLR for a while to get my bearings, but the rock had several beautiful colonies of Zoos on it and so now I want more corals. My CUC (stomatellas and 3 hermits -- which also came with the rock) has been doing a beautiful job of keeping my tank clean (diatom bloom lasted 4 days) and Coralline algae growth has begun on the tank itself. There are no fish yet, as my QT tank is not finished cycling (another week maybe). I'm off to MAX expo today to get more knowledge and perhaps bring home a few goodies to finally add to my tank.

cameronesyaqua is offline   Reply With Quote