View Single Post
Unread 08/10/2017, 02:19 PM   #44
choss
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZReef13 View Post
The research you have done for this tank is amazing, I have never hearf of the sand you are using, along with the control unit too. My LFS has me sold on Apex, They have one running their 245. He hasn't had any issues. But after reading post I'm going to have to do more.

I end up with Fuji Pink....
AZ - I thought long and hard about the APEX. It had some benefits including slightly less expensive. But research also showed the APEX units have had failures (which is a non starter for me since the whole point of a controller is to avoid catastrophic failures). I would seriously look at the GHL threads here and on the other forum and see if it is worth considering. To be fair, I can't yet review the GHL as the tank is still dry and in its crate

But it will be wet soon if I can only slow down my travel! The sand you chose is also one that many reefers use so I think you will be in good shape. Thanks again for following along and I hope to have a few small updates soon.

Reef Savvy 96 Gallon Rimless Tank - http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2643140

Current Tank Info: Reef Savvy 96
choss is offline   Reply With Quote