View Single Post
Unread 10/29/2009, 06:07 PM   #26
Dejavu
ReefKeeping Mag staff

I have read alot of post asking about dips and what "I shold do with new corals". Putting new additions in QT is the best option but for many is not an option. Here is a dip procedure that I have used with great results:

What I do is acclimate for how ever long it takes me to get 5 gal worth of water. Normally that about 2hr. After an hour I add the interceptor. 10x the recommended dosage of .025 gram per 10 gal. So for 5 gal its .125 grams. Add a small powerhead, MJ 400 for me and a heat set to 79 degrees. Put a top on the bucket and set over night for 12 hrs.

After 12hrs is finished, I get one gal of fresh tank water. Remember Corals have already been acclimated and add the Corals. Add my AEFW killer (TMPCC or Revive) for 15 min with a MJ 400. Some time I will use both at different times, NOT TOGETHER. I turkey bast the coral every 5 min too. Just to make sure everything comes off.

After the 15 min, I get one more gal of fresh tank water and raise the coral off in it.Than I look for eggs with a magnifying glass. If I see any worm or eggs, off to the trash they go. If all looks OK than into the tank.

Current Tank Info: 270 Starphire by Miracles in Glass*BK 250 Internal*Sequence Blackfin 1800*(2) 6105 Tunzes Streams*(3) 400 watt Blueline E-Ballast*400w 20k Radiums*(3) Lumanarc III*GEO 624 Ca Reactor*Tunze Osmolotor*PM SR45 and TLF PhosBan Reactor 150*Apex
Dejavu is offline   Reply With Quote