View Single Post
Unread 08/12/2007, 04:12 PM   #33
KenStanley
Premium Member

Recieved 6100 back

Hi Roger,

I returned from about ten days vacation on yesterday and when I came home my 6100 I had sent to you before leaving was here waiting for me as promised. With high hopes I immediately installed it. It came on perfectly. Six hours later, as programed it shut off. Six hours after that when it was programmed to come back on, it set the alarm. Exactly as it did before sending it in. I am now going to try switching the outputs of the controller to see if the problem remains with the same pump or if it changes. If it continues to be the same pump then I think we have a problem because whatever you did, it didn't correct the issue. As I told you previously the pumps are set up so as to dublicate tidal flow. One pump on for 6 hours and off for 6 hours. The second pump is off one the first pump is on and on when the first pump is off. For the first test after making the switch I'm going to shorten the on off cycle in the hopes of saving time in the diagnosis, realizing of course that if it does not fail I may have to carry the test out to the full 6 hour on/off cycle to know for sure.

I know intermitent problems can be next to impossible to diagnos in that if it does not fail you can not fix what is not broken. I'll let you know how the experiment comes out. Mean while if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Ken Stanley

Current Tank Info: 110G, 15g refugium, uv, H&S skimmer, calcium reactor, 2- 250W/10K MH, 2- 96W Actinic, moon lights, Chiller, Tunze Wave Box, Tunze Stream Kit 2x 6100 TS24, Red Sea AquaZone + Ozonizer
KenStanley is offline   Reply With Quote