View Single Post
Unread 07/31/2018, 06:59 PM   #1639
sirichok
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Museet View Post
We use different ways to control the nitrates. I like to use macro algae but also some carbon source (we use ethanol). And we use it more long term, the results might take a couple of months. So I like setting up dosing pumps and add carbon source over the day, a little at the time, and adjust after the need.

For more powerful nitrate reduction we use sulphur nitrate filters. Those can be really effective but might take a while to startup and find the right settings for. I think they lower the KH some as well, so you need adjust for that. I think many people are a bit afraid of the sulphur filters, but so far we haven't had any problems.

But the easiest thing to start trying, if you're not already does it, is to add some carbon source every day. Just start with a low dose. For example we add 30ml ethanol 40% to 26000 litres a day now. We started this week. I'll measure the nitrate later this week and adjust depending on the results.

Your sulphur reactor , was it custom made or you can just buy it off the shelf . Do you have any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sirichok is offline   Reply With Quote