View Single Post
Unread 08/09/2006, 06:15 AM   #67
Buddy Pine
Registered Member

Reef Tank Crashed!

Sadly to say, this past Sunday coming home from a 10 day family vacation to discover that my Reef Tank was out of power maybe for a week long. Everything was devastated (I don't know what worst I can say), everything was black and an unbearable strong gross smell. I went to the back room cautiously and one of the plastic tubing from my RO unit burst, spraying water all over until it short circuited some of the electricals and tripped two of the aquarium main breakers. Luckily nothing caught on fire, it just completely shut down the tank. All of my Fish, Clams and Octopus were completely decomposed and the Corals are wiped out. My 7 years of hard work with this 180 gallon Reef Tank just went down the drain in a matter of days. I did not have a tank sitter so I set up an Auto-Top-Off, the additonal plastic tubing that connected to the RO's main membrane had some weak spots on it and was the main cause. I was confident and so proud of myself with the set-up everything was running nicely, the auto-feeder and the the food for the Octo was all ready.

What a way to come home from a vacation, I would not wish this happen to anyone. What a bad feeling! I'm just a little messed up right now. Good bye everyone and good luck to all, thank you so much for all your compliments.

Manny.

Buddy Pine is offline   Reply With Quote