View Single Post
Unread 11/07/2017, 01:31 PM   #449
MrsReefK
Registered Member

New fish are in the DT after QT. Tomini and the established powder brown got along right from the get go. The others.. the powder brown is showing aggression to, mainly the desi sailfin and blue hippo.

We're using the mirror method to lower aggression and it was working. I added large pictures of a sailfin to the outside of the tank and they worked instantly, lowering the powder browns aggression to very minimal.

Everyone else is doing great and settled right in! Caught one clown, need to catch the second to move to the frag tank with the bi color BTA. Once caught, I can move the remaining pair from QT into DT.

Pic shows the mirror and pictures. The SPS on the other side of the mirror were starting to look really ticked off. Possibly the mirror reflecting too much light onto them. Lowered the light intensity and it's seeming to help.

Have a bit of algae coming in that we haven't had in the past. Source of that is definitely the feeding. I'm feeding heavily while the tangs get everything figured out.

This is confirmation for me that this will be the last of the tangs we'll be adding. Fish in the future will be peaceful that can cohabit with the tangs nicely.

The blue hippo was a bit skinny when we got her, she really beefed up in QT and is fat and healthy!

Currently giving 2 sheets of nori a day, could likely be 3, but I'll stick with the 2 for a bit to see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrsReefK is offline   Reply With Quote