View Single Post
Unread 03/20/2018, 01:09 AM   #108
Wally.B
Registered Member

NEW TANK (Kickstarted)....Filled up and Filtered with Circulation. [Burning in New T5 Bulbs]

Yep, staying up again, but this is pure pleasure now. Not Sweat and Slithers.

I first cleared out the Sister Sump Room working area. So can get working on TANK STUFF.....

Since I half filled up tank a while ago, it kind of built up a thin film of slime. I assume that's harmless.

So I filled up the tank (with more Salt Water mix), and Setup a Garbage Sump, to mix up the water, and filter out the slime , plus some dust particulates that got in from the Construction (running thru SOCKS and Some Carbon).

I cleaned glass, and siphoned off any bottom particles.

While working, I had the T5 (100%), since the Dimmable HEP BALLAST Specs say, they should be run at Full Power for about 100 hours, before dimming. 25 hours is reasonable.

TO HELP WITH Particulate FILTRATION I threw in all my Circulation Pumps (Gyre, CP40, and 2 Hydor Koralia)....

Injecting some air bubbles into Garbage can gave me a feel for overall Tank Circulation.

MATT, you were DEAD on and (Thanks) for suggesting I go with 24" depth
, and not the 18" I was going to do....

I can see with my GYRE at 100%, there is STRONG CIRCULATION, but distributed.

The GARABGE SUMP running was a great way to bring up Salinity to 1.025, since I just TURN OF TANK RETURN (Spinkles Salt into Can, and had a pump to mix it up). Then When Mixed, I let it flow thru tank.

Wally.B is offline   Reply With Quote