View Single Post
Unread 10/15/2007, 09:33 AM   #2
cannarella
Registered Member

Now that I got the temp setup running, and the sump room built I turned my attention to plumbing this beast. As you can see above I have a Sequence 4300 that I am going to be using to pump the water about 15’ up and 20’ horizontally. I am also going to try and power my MR-2 off it also downstairs in the sump room. So here is a pic of the return 1 ½” and drain 2” making their journey into the wall upstairs to the tank. It is kind of unnerving hearing salt water running through my shop where there are so many things that can rust…

So with all of that now done I had to think about power. Luckily I work for a Lighting company and we sell switch gear that can be programmed. So after some wheeling and dealing I ended up with this (cover removed). It had 16 relays that can handle 20A individually. The lower right is the brain that totally interactive. On the left side of the relay cards are low voltage input where I can wire in float switches to power on of off stuff is water gets too high or low in specific areas. Also you can see LED status light is the relay is on or off. Upstairs I will have a 9 button panel, with LED indicators, that I can control any 9 relays I specify.

So with all of that in place I went ahead and finished the tank stand construction and make some doors.

I applied 3 coats of Original Waterlox finish to the outside with a light 220 sanding in between. Got a friend to help me haul it upstairs, level it, and put the tank on it.

I then attached the plumbing from the wall and fired up the pump to fill her up.

I still have to build the canopy (carcass is complete), run wire for the MH lighting, antinics, and canopy fans.

So that is where I stand now. I am getting some nice #0 and #1 aragonite on a power buy thanks to the Tampa Bay Reef Club. I should be passing through town right when they get the delivery and pick it up. I think their total order came out to exactly 3 tons of sand ordered. WOW. My 160lbs will be a drop in the bucket. I should have the sand in the tank at the end of the month and start transferring the rock and critters afterwards.

That’s all for now.
Andy

Current Tank Info: 65 Reef
cannarella is offline   Reply With Quote