View Single Post
Unread 12/19/2007, 12:15 PM   #67
mokujin22
Registered Member

The CPR overflow works with something called an Aqualifter Pump. It's a small diaphragm pump which sucks air/water out of the top or the weir to maintain the syphon. I have one and to be honest.. have had mixed results. The Aqualifter tends to clog up and this sometimes leads to water on the floor.

However, like most other reef tank equipment, if you maintain it and give it a good cleaning from time to time, you shouldn't have a problem. If you get one, make sure you get the small filter made for the pump. It's like $3 and will save you from mopping up the floor.

The think I like most about my sump (besides my fuge) is the auto topoff I have built. It's money in terms of lower maintenance and stability of the system. I build the sump out of a 10 gallon tank for about $30 using ideas from Melev's site.

Good luck.

Current Tank Info: 110 Afr Cichlid, 45 Planted, 26 Reef, 20L turtle, 29 Planted, 8 Biocube (in the works)
mokujin22 is offline   Reply With Quote