View Single Post
Unread 09/18/2018, 02:03 PM   #205
vlangel
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasmodes View Post
Sorry to hear about the sailfin. Don't be hard on yourself. Most likely, the fish was stressed from either being collected or shipped.

I agree, the QT has plenty of hiding places and looks great! I'd remove the rocks and barnacles if you add copper, and replace them with pvc pipe pieces just big enough for the blennies to fit in. That way, you can use the rocks on another set up or your display.

How big is your display and QT? If the display is significantly larger, maybe the two "problem" blennies will have enough room to avoid each other.
Thanks Kevin for commenting on the QT. I ended up using prazipro and nobody is scratching anymore.

I put the klausewitz blenny in a baby fish net as he seemed to be the aggressor. I saw him grab the linear blenny by the neck and shake him plus he went after the striped blennies too. There has not been any more scuffles since. The QT is only 10 gallon and the the seahorse tank is 56 gallons with lots of rock but I decided not to risk it. This afternoon I went back to the lfs and asked if I could trade the blenny for a fish half its worth. They actually refunded my money minus a 20% handling fee. I now have 2 bangaii cardinals instead. Everyone is playing nice now.

vlangel is offline   Reply With Quote