View Single Post
Unread 11/15/2017, 11:01 AM   #21
scott11106
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySchulz View Post
I think it really depends on what type of livestock you are planning on. If you are planning on keeping SPS then I don’t feel this would be sufficient. You’ll need atleast 30x gph of water flow. You might even limit some fish you should probably keep. A lot of tangs live in surge zones and require extreme flow. If you’re planning FOWLR (with compatible fish) then that would probably be okay. Also, I’m not sure why you are trying to abandon power heads. Your tank is an in wall and you won’t see the dry end of the vortechs.

Lastly, I’d reconsider your sump. I don’t think that trigger sump will be big enough. You will have a hard time fitting the right sized equipment that’s needed for a tank your size. More importantly, the sump might not be big enough to support the amount of water that back flows when you turn off your pumps for maintance. That to me is a flood waiting to happen.

I look forward to more pictures and following along.

I will look into that, does anyone have ideas on heat/air as I need to let ac guy know what to do pretty soon here, not sure if I should integrate it into the house central heat and air or spend the money to have a small stand also be unit in the room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scott11106 is offline   Reply With Quote