View Single Post
Unread 10/23/2008, 11:52 AM   #671
asnatlas
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bricky
Definitely do the utility sink if you can. I use mine just about every day.

I would also make the tank accessible from the front. With a big tank like the 600 (Bigger is better) you'll need as much access as possible.

As for humidity in the room, you could put a fan on a timer (mine is on my AC3Pro). You can then adjust as necessary to keep things fresh in the room. You'll need to keep the window cracked to have a fresh air source though.

The catwalk idea is nice, but it would have to be fairly wide to actually be useful.

That second window is actually nice, especially if you can get some natural sunlight on the tank.

I also like the idea on the bar rail around the tank. I did the same and it's the best thing I did with my build. I use it every day for feeding to fragging corals. You could possibly incorporate the rail into your stand or attach at a later point.

Good luck on what can be an amazing build.
Bricky, thanks for stopping over

I think I might be able to install a sink. I will have to look into that more...

I was thinking about access and was not sure if I wanted to have doors on the font and sides or have something that could support me from above... I think doors would be much easier

For humidity I planned on using a fan on a controller that would exhaust outside...

The windows do not get much direct light as the deck is in the way...

I would like to have like a 6" lip around the tank that would be tiled or some other type of stone...