View Single Post
Unread 07/10/2010, 08:32 PM   #26
ncny21802
Premium Member

I;ve had a few large setups in the past. This go around I got a 46 gallon bow about 3 months ago. It is SPS dominated with LPS and zoas. I have a variety of Zoas..Spidermans, AOG, Deepwaters, whamming watermelon, lunar eclipse, etc, etc. My nitrates run about 30. I change 10% a week and run a big skimmer for my size tank. I also run Purigen, GFO, and ROX carbon 24/7. The reason teh nitrates are high is due to a heavy bioload of fish and heavy feeding. I've always ran my tanks this way and always had great success. Zoas/palys grow like weeds and SPS grow very fast. Not what everybody is preaching but in the 15 years I've been keeping reef tanks I never had a problem keeping my nitrates in the 20-40 range. Here is my tank now. I set this one up 3 months ago with all dry rock

[IMG][/IMG]

Current Tank Info: 46 gallon bow. 20L sump. Vortech MP10, Tunze 6045, Koralia nano, SWC Extreme 160 skimmer, ATI Sunpower, Reefkeeper Elite, etc, etc
ncny21802 is offline   Reply With Quote