View Single Post
Unread 07/17/2017, 01:47 AM   #5
Devaji108
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjay View Post
As for the 30/15 rule, I believe Dan is currently advising his clients to go 30g for EACH and EVERY pair of seahorses.

I would go with minimum 60g for two pair, with the largest sump I could fit in.

yeah I am leaning towards the 60 cube...normally i dont cafe for cubes but if I get it I would have 2 haha. I will also price out a 65 as a possibility.
but no LFS anywhere near me..

Height isn't important unless you just want to make it easier for egg transfers, but usually they will find a way to accomplish it anyway. I wouldn't go too crazy for a deep substrate though.
I don't use chillers other than a small used ($50) area AC unit for the abs (cheaper than a chiller for a 90g), but use the whole house AC to keep the temp at 22°C/72°F and the tanks don't need a chiller for that as they don't get above 74°F. Works fine for me because I can't stand it over 22°C.

so a 40/40 system would still work still be about 65 gal. just different foot print. oh and no AC here I will set up tank durning cycle and use a fan if needed by the time the tank will be ready for SH summer will be over anyway the hot part is only 6-8 weeks anyway...

IMO, GBD is more a result of deteriorating water conditions. I've seen many with these cubes working successful but no personal experience.
For tanks with smaller surface area, just increase the turmoil at the surface and it will accomplish the same thing.

yup that is what I hear now too

I'm still partial to sumps myself. Also, only good for one pair.

yeah I think sumps are almost a must for SH we need good skimmers and I dont think we can get the performance out of AIO smaller skimmers. maybe a big HOB one tho??

No comment other than some 55s have a different footprint, shorter and deeper.

I was thinking what petco can offer.
I have no comment on this other than it will squeak two pairs.

I'm just not a fan of PnP systems, especially as the skimmer IMO is useless for seahorse tanks. Also, I'm too cheap to spend for a complete system when I can buy a standard and set it up myself MUCH cheaper.

yeah only way I would do that is if I got a killer deal.

I'd not put in more than one pair in that tank. I have four 40gT with 20g sumps and even that was more difficult with two pair, so now back to one pair each tank.

No experience with a bow.

and might not

Devaji108 is offline   Reply With Quote