View Single Post
Unread 04/25/2010, 12:33 PM   #4
launchnukes
Registered Member

thanks for the advice. I actually don't have double doors but I do have a large slider in the back. I think it'll be ok, but to be honest, I never even thought of that. lol. I'll have to double check that when I get home.

I was actually very concerned about heat and having the sump and fuge in the garage. do you think wrapping it with insulating foam from home depot and having a fan blowing across the top would help? or do i need to figure something else out? I really don't want my chiller running 24/7 and I'd like to avoid building an entire room and installing an ac unit.

oh, btw. the blue hippo should have been on the "will have" list.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegance coral View Post
This should be a sweet build!

Do you have double doors in your house? If not, you won't be able to get the stand through the door. I just mention this because I know of someone that made this mistake.

I definitely think you should put a hippo tang in your tank. My LFS has a 300DD display tank with several different species of tang in it, and lots of other fish. They just added a 4" hippo, and it stands out from across the room. I couldn't believe the difference that one average fish made in the looks of the tank.

You may want to hold off on the mandarin for a while. ORA will be releasing their captive bred mandarins soon, and they eat fish food!

Here in Florida, it's hard to keep the filter in the garage. I tried it once, and heat was a real issue. You will have a chiller, so it shouldn't be as big a problem, for you as it was for me, but you may want to think about insulating the sump, fuge, and plumbing.

Just some ideas. Hope the system comes together with few headaches. Will be tagging along.

Previous Tank: 300DD Display 500g system.
launchnukes is offline   Reply With Quote