View Single Post
Unread 03/18/2008, 11:27 PM   #651
kingzeus
Registered Member

Shawn,
That basement looks like it is just asking for a nice looking room divider and a FOWLR would serve that purpose nicely.

I'd also like to add that I just found this thread today - and read the entire thing. I felt like I was reading a novel - I could not put my laptop down and now I must sleep .

FWIW, there are only two things I would have done differently. I would not have bought fish until the display tank was ready to accept them. Secondly, and this is given my own carpentry/handyman skills, I'd pay somebody with a lot more experience to build my stand. Again, that's given my own skillset. I'm a software developer. I don't work with my hands - I just over complicate everything with my mind.

I admire your demeanor throughout this thread. Others should strive to emulate you on these forums.

If anything ... get yourself a nice little nano and a Nemo ... yeah, I said Nemo.

Good luck,
Steve

Quote:
Originally posted by asnatlas
Thanks starpolyp, If I were to setup a tank against the long wall, there is a drain right on the other side next to the geothermal unit...

In this pic the drain is right on the other side...

If I setup a tank it will not be as elaborate of a setup as before, it will be alot more "basic". I will also be looking into a steel stand, or at least a centerblock one with I-beams... Also starting out it will only be a FOWLR and might add some softies and LPS... I would still have the 4x 250w MHs over it...

kingzeus is offline   Reply With Quote