Thread: Amphipods
View Single Post
Unread 01/20/2018, 09:35 AM   #14
kizanne
Registered Member

Well I may have bacteria problems yet. I am keeping the temp down. I have a full biotope going. I had this tank cycle over 2 years with copepods, amphipods, macroalgae, bristle worms, even some hair algae, I'm hoping that just like anything else given good conditions I have things that consume bacteria and that good bacteria outcompetes the bad bacteria. I try to only feed what they'll eat and I clean up after.

My display has lots of prolifera, small rock piles, chaeto so hiding places. However my male seahorse doesn't eat near as much mysid as my girl does and he is fatter than her. He is a good hunter and stays still.

I have a chiller for the summer. I do realize that I may regret it all later but I always design for more natural fish keeping and have had good luck. I have an aggressive skimmer also and do water changes.

Current Tank Info: 120 gallon seahorse/flame angel/sharknose/pipefish tank. 30 gallon grow out, misc. other tanks
kizanne is offline   Reply With Quote