View Single Post
Unread 04/15/2019, 06:48 PM   #1
Ab129
Registered Member

Uh oh! Ich?? Help?

I will try to be brief. Everything was going fine for the longest time except for some algae and unwanted nitrates. I started vinegar dosing back on March 5 and have been following the suggested schedule. Algae is somewhat improved, nitrates don’t seem to have decreased by much.
All of a sudden on Saturday my royal gramma started hiding. Saw him very briefly Saturday night and not at all since. Tested for ammonia spike tonight and ammonia is zero.
Now comes the part that is freaking me out- I was just checking on the tank and right now my lights are in a very blue stage, and it looks as though my red margin wrasse and my yellow tang are COVERED in white spots!
They certainly did not look like this earlier today and I don’t know how to tell if it is the lighting or ich and, if so, how this could have happened so suddenly.
I will gladly post pics if someone could suggest how I should set my lighting for the pics.

Current Tank Info: nitrates 0 SG 1.026, pH 8.1
Ab129 is offline   Reply With Quote