Thread: My new mag
View Single Post
Unread 10/14/2018, 08:28 PM   #1
top shelf
Registered Member

My new mag

After rethinking my previous nem purchase I opted to take it to the lfs ane have them order me a mag. It was a bday present to myself. I picked it up 10/4 on my birthday and it looked very healthy overall. It was attached to the glass, almost all the tents were inflated but I assumed the ones that weren't were due to the clowns it was hosting already after just arriving that morning.

I hoped maybe I got lucky so I put it straight into the display after temp acclimating and checking salinity. Here it is that first day.

It looked pretty good up until the second day and then it started to look pretty unhappy. Here it is 10/6

By 10/7 it had gone completely down hill so I removed it to QT for cipro treatment.
The hospital tank consists of a 10g with an older reef breeder light, korallia 425 power head, and heater all protected by egg crate. I immediately added a 250mg cipro to the tank.

Here it is 10/8
Before lights on
After

10/10
Here is a photo of some of the crude it's been expelling. It's been mostly a whitish slim with a few small black flakes. It has been doing this daily.

10/11
It has really started to improve.

Here it is today after a full week of cipro treatment.

It still continues to do this every night but hasnt been expelling as much.

Every night after lights out I siphoned out the crude and replaced 2g of water with fresh cipro added. I am fairly confident it will make a full recovery but will continue to monitor it over the next week and slowly ramp up light intensity before adding to the DT.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Current tank info: 45g SCA Cube
top shelf is offline   Reply With Quote