View Single Post
Unread 05/29/2016, 05:10 PM   #1
Marcoss
Registered Member

Smile 1,000 Gallon Coral Prop System |Tips and Help Needed!

Hello!

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Hopefully you enjoy this build, although, it may be slower than either of us want due to time restrictions, purchasing, and cycling.

That said, I'm building out four (with more down the road) fiber glass troughs/tanks to hold additional corals. I currently have a 96".48".12" system, but have outgrown it, hence, I'll be shutting it down to add the following:

4x 40".90".16" troughs (roughly 230G each)
1/2 horsepower return pump
Skimmer Undecided
Calcium Reactor
Substrate - Debating Crushed Coral or Sand
4x ATI 48"

I plan on having all four tanks on the same system/sump, so I plan on Daisy-chaining them, per se.

I plan on using the return pump to act as the only flow, versus having power heads. . And I plan on using light movers to save on lighting needs/cut down on heat.

Below is what three of the units will look like side-by-side.

You can kind of tell, but there are holes drilled on each side. I plan on using two holes, per tank, to create a sort of water bridge between all tanks. I plan on having the return water come up on the bottom of all of the tanks, and the overflows on the side of the tank. Does that make sense?

I think these tanks are going to be a pain in the butt to plumb, but I want to keep things as simple as possible.

I'm thinking I may putt these tanks on racks, that way I can have the light mover hanging in there. Or I plan on putting them on bricks, and suspending the lights from the super tall ceiling. But I'm afraid the mover may sway too much if suspended.

More images to come!

Last edited by Marcoss; 05/29/2016 at 05:22 PM.
Marcoss is offline   Reply With Quote