View Single Post
Unread 11/24/2012, 09:21 PM   #58
CyclistMT
More Idiot Than Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimwassef View Post
Since the tank is not here yet, I plan to lift the frame slightly off the concrete and slide a 1/32 flexible plastic sheet under it. Then I'll paint it with the consumer grade epoxy paint. After it dries, I can cut out the excess sheet around it.

I will use this same kind of sheet as a barrier between the tank and the rest of the garage when I hose it down in the future. That'll shield everything up from the ground and the epoxy should shield the stand from the ground runoff.

That's the plan at least...

Something to think about. If I understand what you're going to do correctly, you won't be painting the very bottom of the wood that comes in contact with the concrete. Although you plan to shield it from water, if the bottom of those 2x4's do get wet, it will just wick up in to the wood from the bottom and will probably never really dry out.

Even if you had to fully disassemble your stand to paint the bottom of those 2x4's, it might be worth the effort and save you from a rotted out stand holding up your 380 gal tank.