View Single Post
Unread 06/21/2004, 02:43 PM   #24
dvmsn
Registered Member

I purchased a regal about two weeks ago. He is definitely Indian Ocean. I made sure I saw him eat at the LFS before I purchased him. He was very shy when I first got him. Unfortunately, he has a small case of ick that wasn't evident at the LFS. He eats marine cuisine, spirulina enriched brine, omega enriched brine shrimp, and mysis. He doesn't have much interest in nori. He eats very well and is becoming more outgoing as time goes on. I've really got my fingers crossed about this one. He seems to behave very well in a reef tank. I have a mostly sps reef, with a clam, some lps, zoos and a green finger leather. He is definitely not a big picker. I am conflicted about whether I am being ethical by purchasing such a difficult fish. I feel most of the damage was done when he was taken from the ocean. I don't mean to sound elitist, but I feel that the marine industry is largely driven by terribly uninformed newbies. As long as these fish are legal, there will continue to be a market for them. I hate to see these animals go to a certain death.

dvmsn is offline   Reply With Quote