View Single Post
Unread 08/11/2017, 09:51 PM   #2692
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

The new plants are planted! The tufted joint algae and caulerpa cupressoides look to be a nice green boost. As usual GCE was generous with the portions! And beautiful specimens too. My plan is to get the tank prettied up in the morning, and then I can get some pics!

I've kept the tufted joint before. I wasn't quite able to keep it alive through the hypo. I had one small piece that almost made it. It did well before the hypo. The caulerpa cupressoides looks to be a good, slower growing replacement for the C. racemosa peltata. I love all the green life caulerpa brings to a tank, but I don't love pruning frequently.

I've got some detritus building up. Right now I've got serpent stars, multiple worm species and assorted pods on detritus duty. I'm going to look into another detrivore. Maybe a sea cucumber. If I can get the bottom community dialed, I'll be a happy camper. It's so fun, performing all these maintenance tasks, using the creatures designed to do them, all right in the display!

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote