View Single Post
Unread 06/02/2019, 05:44 AM   #33
nbd13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
How’s the regal doing?
As for cyano- early stages of the reef, I might be inclined to just hit the tank with cyano clean or red slime remover..
Is the cheato still growing? I find often whenever cyano starts, the cheato declines..if it’s still growing well, maybe add a couple hours to the cheato photoperiod and try one of then beneficial bacterial products out there. Maybe it’ll outcompete the cyano..
If cheato is declining, I bet the rsr will knock out the cyano and reinvigorate the cheato..

Hey!

So the regal stopped eating and didn’t make it unfortunately. I was really bummed about it. All the other fish are doing well. I have another set of fish ready to come out of QT in 10 days so will update then. 2 cool ones.

So the chaeto is at a stand still. Not really growing. Tried dosing some
Iodine with no luck. So, i tried red slime remover last weekend. Nothing didn’t help at all. Here’s some pictures of the algae

Maybe Dino’s? Not sure. Getting pretty annoying though.

My UV is running, my PO4 is 0.03-0.04, I’ve been using a turkey baster to blast off the rocks and I rinse off the chaeto every few days but I’m not winning the battle. The good news is the corals are doing well. Decent color and growing. Just got a few more pieces. Need to get some updated pictures but hate this algae.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nbd13 is offline   Reply With Quote