View Single Post
Unread 12/05/2017, 05:29 PM   #3765
JPMagyar
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paal View Post
Joe,
Glad to finally see another post from you Hope you are doing well.

IIRC you ran the spectra, then tried the pacsun hybrid and now obviously the ATI hybrid. How would you compare the two hybrid fixtures?

(I am running the pacsun myself (8xT5/145W LED) It is great, but the fan noise alone makes me regret not going for the spectra tbh...)

Thanks. I've been really struggling with whether or not to continue in the hobby because so much else is going on in my life. Fortunately, my system is large enough it remains very stable with little input.

As to the Pac Sun vs. ATI. I do not have scientific evidence, but it is my opinion as a hobbyist that there was simply something not good about the LED setup in the Pac Sun fixtures. They tended toward a "disco ball" effect, and I really felt that my corals didn't like them no matter how high I hung the fixture. With the ATI I now run the LEDs at 100% but only for a few hours per day and my corals never looked better so I can't say enough good things about the ATI hybrid. I think it is simply the best lighting option available today even with the issues of occasional ballast failures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith@ ATI NA View Post
Hello Joe,

I try to stay on top of these threads, but not over the weekend.

This would be best to troubleshoot via a support ticket, please shoot us an email at customercare@ our domain (the North America domain).

We DO still have all the parts available for all versions of Powermodules.

Regarding reliability. I actually deal with very few issues with the LED Powermodule, however perhaps people do not know we are available to help?

Also the fixtures are very repairable. Parts are available and we are here to help troubleshoot.

Keith - I will certainly be in contact to set up a support ticket. As much as I am frustrated by the failures I experienced I can not say enough good things about the support I received with my first issue and I expect this time around will be no different.

Joe

Reef Hobbyist Magazine journalist, and all around SPS nut!

Current Tank Info: 240 with 750 gal total system, ATI LED Powermodule, MTC-HSA 1000. MTC Pro-Cal..
JPMagyar is offline   Reply With Quote