View Single Post
Unread 12/19/2008, 06:45 AM   #22
mflamb
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GlassReef
Well, looks like you're up to your eye brows! Great job, so far. You've been doing some very clean work.

I really like your overflow design! You gonna use the whole 1000lbs of sand?

If you don't mind - let me know how you like the AquaSurf. Oh, and tell me as soon as you get your AC-III on line - I'll send you a copy of my little prog. It'll do real-time graphs now.
Thanks Tom. As for the sand, I had 1200 lbs in the 390, about 5-8 inches deep. Depth varied in different areas. I'm going to cut a 2" pvc pipe into 3" lengths and stand them up all over the bottom of the tank and then put 2 layers of eggcrate. The purpose is to keep the rock from sinking to the bottom of the sandbed. I'll add enough sand to cover the pvc/eggcrate structure.
I've read everything that I can find about setting up the Aquasurf for various effects, and I've spoken with Bruce, Chris, and Stephen about how they use their Aquasurf in preparation of programming mine. I "plan" to use 2 to create a small wave and 2 to provide random flow. I'll see how that works out.

Click on my red house to see my 390 and 300 build thread. Those are my last 2 tanks in Tampa. Now in Pasadena waiting to buy a house to set up my next tank....anemones and clowns...probably a 3x3 150 gallon.
mflamb is offline   Reply With Quote