View Single Post
Unread 07/20/2009, 02:35 PM   #14
jason2459
Registered Member

@ryandlf: Thanks for the input. It'll be a fun experiment. If anything the little critters will love it and hopefully flourish so when I add the mandarin he'll have plenty of food.

I have a Coralife super skimmer and pleased to find out it is ozone compatible according to their manual I found in pdf. I think I'm going to go that route instead of the UV filter. Found out I'm missing the o-ring on the skimmer though for the top collection cup. I'll need to find a replacement size for it. I'd also like to drill a hole and attach a hose to run down into a larger collection bucket in case it ever goes crazy on me and overflows. I had that happen to me once before. Not sure how to do that so will have to figure out the best way to drill and secure a hose in the collection cup.

I'm getting two Hydor Koralia 3 pumps rated at 850 gph each, the skimmer is rated at 325 gph, and a pump for the refugium is around 250gph I believe. So around 2275 gph. Or go with two Koralia 2 pumps rated at 600 gph and get around 1775 gph. Not sure which would be better for my 55g tank?

I do plan on getting some corals but only had a FOWLR before except for the one kenya tree that turned into a million. I guess I did something right for at least the kenya.

You can check out my parameters at reeftronics dot net website and look for my username.

Current Tank Info: 180g mixed reef w/ a beananimal overflow to a dolomite RRUGF. | 20g long G. Smithii Mantis Tank
jason2459 is offline   Reply With Quote