Thread: Reef Roids
View Single Post
Unread 02/01/2019, 08:00 AM   #1
rogersb
Registered Member

Reef Roids

I picked up a free sample of this at a recent swap. It's a tiny tube, like the size of one of my pinky finger knuckles. I did a water change Wednesday and spot fed a few corals this stuff. I could swear my PPE zoas were larger than normal on Thursday, my goni was more extended, and my rics were also more swollen.

I have 40 - 50 different corals and only fed a few of them because most others I do not want growing faster than they already are. My tank is a 125g w/ 20 or so gallon sump. I do 5g water changes once every week or every other week. Could the positive changes be from the water change? Possibly. Water changes are the only time I plan on doing these feedings so I won't be able to try to feed on any other day to record my findings.

I will try to get some pics up later and plan on documenting my results here. I'll probably focus on my PPE and my goni in this thread. I received the goni on 3-29-18 as a stock frag from Unique Corals. It was a small chunk glued to a plug. I popped it off the plug and glued it to a rock. It has not grown onto the rock in all that time(10 months). I got my PPE around the same time and went from 1 polyp to(I think - I'm not at home) 11.

I feed only frozen. LRS reef frenzy and Mysis. I think the tiny bottle would last me a month with the limited amount of corals I am feeding, but I plan on getting a jar this weekend if my LFS has it. If not, I'll order some and keep feeding. No promises on monthly progress pics, but I'll try.

rogersb is offline   Reply With Quote