View Single Post
Unread 01/02/2013, 11:12 AM   #2
disc1
-RT * ln(k)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua6 View Post
If you're using Ammo Lock in your quarantine tank stop using it right away!!!! I lost most of the fish I was treating and finally found out that The Ammo Lock lowers pH to dangerously low levels. The pH was less than 7.0. I know it was the Ammo Lock because I tested some water and then tested again after adding the product and bingo. I am going to warn as many folks as I can and also write to the manufacturer and companies that carry this peice of garbage product. It killed many of my fish in quarantine before I figured it out!

If you have already used it please test the pH of your water. If it's dangerously low do a water change but acclimate the fish to the new water.

I hope this helps someone not lose their fish. I think it should be a sticky here since this product is a fish killer.

Easy there turbo. How did you measure this pH? It can also affect your measurement. How did you dose it? How much? I'm not saying you're wrong but let's get all the facts out before we start running people off a product that so many have used without incident.

Current Tank: Undergoing reconstruction...
disc1 is offline   Reply With Quote