View Single Post
Unread 07/29/2010, 02:36 PM   #92
fishdoc11
catch and release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Right View Post
Perhaps you all can help…Lately my monti’s haven’t looked so hot. Couple nights ago I noticed something that looked like black paper on my cap. After watching for a bit the black spots stated moving. I researched them and found these "black bugs" are similar to red bugs but prefer monti’s. With that I want to do a DT interceptor treatment. I’d really like your thoughts on the bugs and my remedy.

Thanks
Carlos
The bugs will in fact be killed by the Interceptor treatment. I prefer the in tank treatment because I feel the corals are less stressed and if performed correctly there is little collateral damage (aside from the expected death of arthropods (shrimp and crabs)). Of course deciding in tank or QT will likely be based on amount of coral etc... I have never seen them on Acros but would be worried if you are removing Monti's and leaving Acro's in the tank and don't know the proper amount of time to leave the tank free of Montis to ensure the bugs are no longer present.

hth, Chris

Current Tank Info: 70 gallon mixed reef
fishdoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote