View Single Post
Unread 05/10/2009, 02:38 PM   #73
laverda
Registered Member

Jake
Quote:
Basically, I feed w/e is available in our lab or w/e live food culture I have ready to feed out.
Just because you feed whatever is handy into the tanks does not make it right for the fish!

I am not an expert on fish nutrition, but know people who are. Many people including fish nutritionists do not feel blanched land vegetables have any place in a marine environment and are nutritionally all but empty. Clearly there are elements that get depleted from the water that fish need. Even human doctors still argue over what the human body needs nutritionally. To think we get all the proper vitamins we need just by eating properly is unrealistic. What is eating properly? Some people feel you should not eat meat, others feel you should limit carbs, others food low in fat. Who is to say we all need the same foods to make us healthy and happy? I do not think Fish are any different. To think our class boxes provide everything needed for the health of our fish that the ocean does is just unrealistic!

Current Tank Info: 300g mixed reef, 50g cube
laverda is offline   Reply With Quote