View Single Post
Unread 07/15/2017, 08:18 AM   #53
halmus
Registered Member

A Golden Reef Tank (v2)

Quote:
Man, this set up is definitely top notch!! The attention to detail is unreal.

Are the tanks in your fish room separate? Is that why the second skimmer is needed? That MRC skimmer is awesome!

Corey

The short answer: Most of the tanks are hooked together to form one big system with the exception of the QT rack isolated on the far wall. That is its own modular system. Even with the tanks that are hooked together, I'm setting it up ahead of time so that the frag tanks can run on their own with a dedicated sump with a turn of a valve or share the displays water by turning the same valve. I'm trying to make the system as modular as possible while maintaining reliability. The same with the refugium.

I will try to put something together to explain how everything is hooked together and/or stand alone.

The thread prior to the photo disaster explained it pretty well but it doesn't make sense without pictures.

After reloading that many pictures, I don't have the motivation to explain each one. I am considering a video walk through but I think I'll wait until I have water flowing. The cycling will take forever so I'll have a lot of time for videos.

Quote:
This is probably one of the best builds I've ever seen. The planning, attention to detail, and execution is superb. im pretty sure you have more in just the plumbing than I have in my entire system. Awesome!!

Thanks. I have taken a lot of inspiration from previous builds here. I'm putting my own spin on their designs.

Quote:
Yeah, so I'm jelly as hell. Very clean, and well thought out setup. I'll be following along for sure.

Thanks for following.

halmus is offline   Reply With Quote