View Single Post
Unread 02/10/2019, 01:42 PM   #1
turner85
Registered Member

New build (novice)

Hey everyone, im currently in the process of setting up a 60cm cube tank (custom). I haven't actually acquired the tank yet but have start purchasing some equitment for the sump so i can have it made to suit exactly what i have, its a tight squeeze so im limited to what i can fit. Anyway the reason im here is i was hoping someone could help with sump design. Basically what ive purchased so far is a bubble magus curve 5, 2 250w eheim jager heaters and a blau 4kdc return pump. The max size i can make the sump is 510mm wide by 490mm long (front to back) Height of inside of unit is also 510mm also which just gives me enough space to remove the cup from the skimmer. So anyway long term plan is some corals, easier to keep ones but im gonna take this build slow and try do everything right first time. Right so down to the sump design, ive basically just got the first chamber figured which includes the filter sock and skimmer which would require around 200mm width which leaves me with approximately 300mm and that would have to include heaters and return pump, id like to have refugium in there aswell so would i require 2 more chambers to do that. Like i couldn't have the pump heaters and algae all in one chamber could i. Sorry in advance if ive provided too much or too little info and look forward to any info and questions i receive here. Ill try upload a picture of the unit if it helps in anyway

turner85 is offline   Reply With Quote