View Single Post
Unread 11/05/2018, 10:32 AM   #11
kizanne
Registered Member

Well the blue pipe had babies 10/30 and I think he'll be releasing tonight. I haven't caught any babies I am just noticing when the eggs get big /disappear and new eggs appear. I 'm trying to figure out the schedule so I'll know what day I need to try to catch babies. I really need to break down and try to get a larva catcher. But until I get a better copepod breeding going it doesn't really matter.

My baby seahorses are now sexually mature and I have my second batch of babies. The first batch was really small and didn't do well in the tank until I arrived to fetch them out but the second batch I caught and they are doing ok. The low temps have caused some die off because their 'tank' doesn't have a heater or heat bath.

The male mandarin is being mean to my girl. I hope it is a food competition thing that will settle out when he figures out mysid is food. He is being stubborn and not eating mysid, only live food right now. I'm hoping he'll figure it out before he starves. i have a brine feeder in there and I'm dosing tigger pods and amphipods but that tank has a lot of competition for live food and he's a big boy who needs lots of food. He was skinny when I got him like most mandarins at a store. But he made it through the hurricane and no power so hopefully he'll continue to make it til he eats. but if he doesn't stop the dickish behavior he can go back to the store since females are harder to find than males.

My dragonface pipefish are rocking along but no eggs. I have one who has made moves on another but the other doesn't seem interested. I'm not sure they are all the same species since dragonface has 12 subspecies that all get the label dragonface.

Current Tank Info: 120 gallon seahorse/flame angel/sharknose/pipefish tank. 30 gallon grow out, misc. other tanks
kizanne is offline   Reply With Quote