View Single Post
Unread 12/06/2017, 06:04 PM   #1
GumReefr
Registered Member.

New but not so new.

Well, greetings all. As the title should imply I am really renewing to the hobby. I began reefing over 20 years ago. About 10 years ago I got married and moved and broke down the tank. It sat in the garage for 4 years and then we moved again. Then it sat in a storage facility for another 6 years. Finally got the tank out of storage and have been in the process of starting it back up... slowly. Man, have things changed. Had a 125 gal reef tank with 2X250w MH's and 1 400W MH supplemented with 2 x 48" actinic VHO's. Primarily a SPS guy. The tank was spectacular with 10-year-old colonies when I broke it down but alas I am no longer in San Diego and all the folks that I knew and gave my colonies to from SDMAS are no longer or not in proximity. So, I'm basically starting from scratch all over again. Suffice to say, I am setting up with LED's, Neptune, and taking advantage of the extensive use of DC in the hobby. Hope to keep all informed as things take shape. This and other forums have been instrumental in getting me ready. I have no doubt that I will be here and elsewhere known as P-Dub asking and sharing as I go.

GumReefr is offline   Reply With Quote