View Single Post
Unread 06/20/2018, 12:18 AM   #1
B Lo
Registered Member

Angry EverGrow IT5012 / Sold in US as Reefbreeders Photon 50 - Manufacturer is TERRIBLE

A little over 15 months ago, I purchased an IT5012 LED light fixture from EverGrow. The remote stopped working a few days ago and I emailed EverGrow for a quote on obtaining a new remote. As I have extended warranty coverage with my credit card, I asked for a copy of the written warranty to submit it to Visa so that they would cover the cost of the replacement remote / repair. The very bottom of this post shows the email I sent to EverGrow and the chat log above it shows the chat I had with Aimee at EverGrow. Needless to say, they were totally worthless and clearly don’t want to waste any time whatsoever on end users. I advised them I would post about this experience on industry forums and I am a man of my word so that’s what I’m doing here and now. Please read through and see if this is the type of business you’d like to support.

Incidentally, Reefbreeders rebrands / private labels their lights and sell them as the “Photon” series. To be clear, this isn’t a complaint about Reefbreeders as they were totally uninvolved in the original sale or in the below communications with EverGrow. I’ve never had any issue with Reefbreeders.

欢迎光临!
如果您对我们的产品或者服务有任何意见或者建议,都可以随时与我们线上取得联系,我们的客服人员会给您详尽细致的解答。
请选择以下客服人员开始对话:

Grow Sales
EVERGROW(离线) Lena(离线)
Mary (离线)
Aqua Sales
Amiee(在线) Lisa-Evergrow(离线)

Amiee 说: 01:24:28
Welcome to Evergrow
我 说: 01:25:10
Hi, Aimee.
我 说: 01:25:20
I would like to obtain a replacement wireless remote control for the IT5012 as the remote control in the unit I have is no longer functioning. Would you please send me a quote including shipping?

Also, would you please send me a copy of the warranty coverage text for IT5012?
Amiee 说: 01:27:55
Hi there
我 说: 01:28:02
Hi, Aimee.
Amiee 说: 01:28:06
you bought the lamp from us ?
我 说: 01:28:12
Yes, ma'am.
我 说: 01:28:32
At this point, I believe it Is out of warranty.
Amiee 说: 01:28:48
thanks , which sales do you contact ?
我 说: 01:28:48
But I'd still like to see the warranty text in addition to getting a quote for the remote.
我 说: 01:29:05
It has been so long I cannot remember,
Amiee 说: 01:30:14
thanks , then mind to tell us your name and email please?
我 说: 01:30:32
Certainly. [REDACTED]
Amiee 说: 01:30:37
also do you have the serial number of the 5012 lamp? if yes please offer us
我 说: 01:30:56
I do not have it with me but I know it was purchased over 15 months ago.
Amiee 说: 01:31:30
every lamp has own serial number , if you do not have then sorry I can not help you
我 说: 01:31:47
Do the remotes not work with all of the lights?
我 说: 01:32:04
Like I said, I don't believe it is under warranty.
我 说: 01:32:12
I am just looking to purchase a replacement remote.
Amiee 说: 01:32:55
well noted , sorry we can not sell parts
我 说: 01:33:20
You do not offer replacement remotes for the fixtures?
Amiee 说: 01:36:09
we have sole agent in US now , please feel free to contact them , maybe you can get a remote
Amiee 说: 01:36:14
reefbreeders.com
我 说: 01:36:33
Okay. The only other question I have is regarding the warranty text. Is it online anywhere?
Amiee 说: 01:38:11
without serial number you can not enjoy our warranty clause
我 说: 01:38:39
Amiee. I'm not asking about the specific unit. I'm just wondering if the warranty coverage is available online anywhere
我 说: 01:38:58
Specifically, I'm wondering what's included and excluded.
我 说: 01:39:04
I know this unit is no longer under warranty.
Amiee 说: 01:39:32
unavailable online friend
我 说: 01:39:43
Can it be sent by email?
Amiee 说: 01:40:18
why you need that ?
我 说: 01:40:40
Because my credit card offers extended warranty but I need a copy of the warranty text to claim it with them.
我 说: 01:41:13
It doubles the warranty which would cover the lamp but I cannot find any text online.
我 说: 01:42:46
https://usa.visa.com/support/consume...onditions.html
我 说: 01:42:58
"Extended Warranty Protection doubles the time period of the original manufacturer’s written U.S. repair warranty up to one (1) additional year on eligible warranties of three (3) years or less for items purchased entirely with your eligible Visa card.
This benefit is limited to no more than the original price of the purchased item (as shown on your Visa card receipt), less shipping and handling fees, up to a maximum of ten thousand dollars ($10,000.00) per claim and fifty thousand dollars ($50,000.00) per cardholder."
我 说: 01:44:40
So would you please email me a copy of the warranty?
我 说: 01:48:58
Are you still there?
我 说: 01:54:14
Are you still there?
我 说: 01:58:12
Are you still there?
我 说: 02:01:26
Are you simply ignoring me?
我 说: 02:03:22
It's bad for business to be rude to and to ignore customers. They may have nothing better to do than to bash your business on social media and in industry specific forums. Given that you aren't replying and it's eben twenty minutes and given that the email I sent two days ago didn't get the common courtesy of a reply, I will return the favor and post about this experience all over the place. I absolutely guarantee it will cost your business money.
我 说: 02:03:43
been*
我 说: 02:04:06
Last chance to avoid retribution...
我 说: 02:05:18
Don't say I didn't warn you or give you the chance.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 6:33 PM
Subject: Wireless remote control for IT5012
To: sales01@evergrowlighting.com

Dear Sir or Madam:

I would like to obtain a replacement wireless remote control for the IT5012 as the remote control in the unit I have is no longer functioning. Would you please send me a quote including shipping?

Also, would you please send me a copy of the warranty coverage text for IT5012?

Thanks,

[REDACTED]

B Lo is offline   Reply With Quote