View Single Post
Unread 06/15/2017, 03:59 PM   #2921
ngdv
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
Your wedge pipe must not be seated all the way in. Closing the wedge pipe by rotating it blocks the flow of water coming out of the skimmer. The more you close it, the higher the level inside the skimmer. If the skimmer is responding to the wedge pipe then it's not all the way down into the fitting. Like I said, loosen the screw and push the wedge pipe down all the way into the fitting. You can pull the skimmer out if you need to and inspect the wedge pipe so you can see if it's all the way down and familiarize yourself with how it work. if the wedge pipe is seated, it should be able to make the skimmer overflow because the water won't be able to leave the skimmer.
The reason holding your finger over the air intake or placing the hose on the ozone port works is because you are reducing the airflow into the skimmer which in turn increases the water flow. The wedge pipe is your friend. If need be, raise your sump level a bit higher. If you are at 8", raise it to 8.5".
Checked and double checked everything you said. The wedge pipe is seated all the way in. I have pulled apart and checked twice now. The most I got out of it. Is turning is further then the stripes on de holder of the wedge pipe. As you can see the red silicone tube is abit closed down because of this and I assume that is the reason it's working now. But I'm unsure in if this is the solution. Oké I have had it Sinds Tuesday, so it has to break in but it still feels weird.

I'm going to my lfs on Saturday where I bought it as well, and maybe try to get my sump level up to 8,5 with a overflow comb.

Any tips are appreciated.

ngdv is offline   Reply With Quote