View Single Post
Unread 01/13/2017, 10:03 PM   #19
MarkS
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectorman View Post
You would want to use Advantec OXB. No grayne to lift. The grayne is how the tree circulates water through the tree. That's why it expands. This is not a typical application so I don't know what the warranty would be or at all. Advantec can be gotten at lumber stores. It is a "chip" board but is moisture resistant and guaranteed to be so. That being said.....You will have a barrier(epoxy) between is and the water. Nothing to leach if the barrier is properly applied. The initial wood is unattractive but will be covered. The outside is covered too. Since the water is inside, moisture shouldn't be much of a concern but each wood wall should be double ply, opposite joined,screwed and glued. The exterior wall needs to be any kind of exterior (OXB) type wood. Smooth "x" wood can be found no,sweat. We are talking$55-65.00 a sheet for the wood alone. Good luck. This is a plan of mine too but,I will be doing a 700-900gallon with a 100gallon drop off. Good luck!
Please do not follow this advice! OSB is not an appropriate material for a plywood aquarium. OSB is cheap and has a great deal of shear strength along the plane of the board, but not much bend strength. This is why it is used as exterior building sheeting and not flooring. Plywood can withstand a great deal of pressure.

MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote